Tuesday 24 March 2015

A Day in Nanjing!


I have finally arrived in Nanjing. It is a beautiful city. Nanjing is the capital of Wu, which makes sense because it is very big. It is rumoured that after the Three Kingdoms are overthrown, this city is going to be turned into a big trade center with all kinds of valuable things. Anyway, I must literally be the luckiest person in all of China. I met the emperor of Wu, Sun Quan, formerly known as Emperor Da of Wu. He was heading down river to Wuhan. I only saws him for a short while because he was in a rush. I am going to a festival tonight. It is the spring, so obviously I’m going to a spring festival. A nice stranger invited me into his house, and I couldn’t decline because it would be bad manners. Plus, I didn’t have anywhere else to go. He was actually really nice. His name was Wafles. What a strange name. Anywho, he made delicious laba porridge. It is made in the spring festival, it involves glutinous rice, millet, seeds of Job's tears, jujube berries, lotus seeds, beans, longan and gingko. I have nothing else to tell you about my day, so I’ll talk about the current dynasty. I think this is going to be the most important dynasty of all of them. Maybe someone will write a book about it. Anyway, Soon I have to be going home. It will be sad if I have to leave this beautiful country. Wow, I’m really tired. I’m going to go to bed. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment