Tuesday 24 March 2015

Journey down the Yangtze: Last day and Yichang


Blog post #4:
I have arrived in Yichang, China. The city is apart of a war zone as of right now. It is the least peaceful place out of the three kingdoms in China, Wei, Wu, and Shu. It is the center of the Yiling war. The Shu Han and the Wu dynasties are fighting a bloody war. The battle of Yiling is probably the bloodiest war that China has had. China is in a pretty bad place right now. The Three Kingdoms have created non-stop fighting throughout China. But enough focus on that, let’s talk about one of the people I have met. I met a Confucianist. His name was Ju. I met him in a confucian temple. I asked him a little bit about Confucianism. The first thing I asked him, is who is the center and creator of Confucianism. He said that The creator of Confucianism, was named Confucius. He obviously named the religion after himself. Another thing I asked him was what are some of the Confucian beliefs. He said that Confucians believe that everyone should know their role in society, and how to embrace that role. They also After I left Ju, I met a nice man named Chu, and he was fishing in the Yangtze River.. I asked him why he fishes, and he said to provide food for himself. He was hand catching these fish from the Yangtze. After that, I boarded my ship back home. It has been an incredible journey along the Yangtze River from Wuhan to Yichang. I hope that one day I will find myself here along the Yangtze again.

No comments:

Post a Comment