Tuesday 24 March 2015

Journey down the Yangtze: Arriving in Wuhan

Blog post #1

I have arrived at Wuhan, China, located in the Wu kingdom. I am just about to start a 175 mile journey along the Yangtze river from Wuhan, to Yichang. Wuhan’s emperor is named Sun Quan. He has just recently been assigned emperor to the area, and I was going to meet him. When I finally arrived at his home, I asked him many questions, as I was curious to know more about him. The first question I asked, was what year he had been assigned emperor. He said he was assigned to be the emperor of Wuhan in 229. Then, I asked him who had assigned him to be the emperor. He told me that he had assigned himself, because no one was governing the area, and someone had to, so he had just decided to take that spot. I then asked him what one of his greatest achievements were. He told me that his greatest achievement was when his and Liu Bei’s army conquered Cao Cao, and his army in one of the many wars that take place within the Three Kingdoms. I thanked him for his time, then began to explore more of Wuhan. When I was out venturing, I came across a shipbuilding station, and met an ordinary, yet very smart and strong group of shipbuilders. I interviewed them, and asked them many questions about their difficult job. I asked them what kind of ships they built, and they said that they built ships for the war. I asked one of them the biggest ship they had ever built, and they said just about three stories high. I was surprised. A three story ship is an extremely large ship. I thanked them, and they said that they were very welcome, and very happy to have me there. They were kind enough to offer me one a place to stay in one of the ships they had recently built,  and because I was in very much need of a place to stay. What a wonderful first day here in China. I can’t wait to explore the Yangtze even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment