Tuesday 24 March 2015

Half way there!


Blog 2: I am leaving Hiashi Kung’s house today. He gave me some coins and some fruit for the journey. I am now leaving, and I don’t know why but I left at 4 AM. I am going to take a nap while my partner steers the boat. My journey so far has been very beautiful. The river is clear and blue, and mountains are shooting right out of the water from my left and right like a canyon. This is amazing! I learned today that the weather is great here to grow and pick crops, especially rice. All kinds are grown here in China. Rice is also the main food for most Chinese people, especially ones who can’t afford meat and grow rice for a living. The rice here is very good also. They can shape it into many shapes and sizes. Today for breakfast I am having rice balls. The land around the yangtze river has become super wealthy because rice sales are booming. People who used to be poor are definitely more wealthy now. I am also going to try an ancient meal of duck dumplings. They use grains to create the shell. A guy sold me a 12 pack of the dumplings for one of the coins, which didn’t have much worth to it. I am getting close to Chongqing, being half way there my todays end. I am just staying with the boat in a tent tonight. I will have 2 of my apples, and a dumpling.

No comments:

Post a Comment