Tuesday 24 March 2015

Arriving in Shanhai!


Hi! My name is Shark. I am in Shanghai, writing. The temperature is somewhat cold. There are many people here, and it is a very crowded place. I have asked a man what things to see here. I was lucky, I just assumed he spoke english, which he thankfully did.  He told me I should go see the temple for the three kingdoms dynasty general, Guan Yu. He is an important figure, and there are many shrines and temples dedicated to him. There are other temples here too, like Longhua temple, the biggest temple in Shanghai, and Jing’an temple, both made very recently. Most of the people here are Buddhist. Buddhism is a big thing here. However, there are still some Taoist people here, but mostly Buddhist. I’m hungry. The foods here are very good, but I already ate. I’m going to be leaving for a different city along the Yangtze River, called Nanjing. There is so much to see here! most people here speak Wu Chinese, so  I can’t understand most of them. I have seen many animals here too. I was very lucky to see a real Baiji Dolphin. They live along the Yangtze River, but they are still hard to find. The rulers right now are the rulers of the Three Kingdoms, which actually sometimes fight each other. I can’t imagine what political fights will be like in the future. Brrr, I’m cold. I should be going to head out of Shanghai and into Nanjing, where I’m sure I will meet new people and other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment