Tuesday 24 March 2015

Getting Ready in Lihang

Intro: I am getting ready for my journey up the Yangtze River. I have been selected to complete the journey, as I travel from my home in Lihang to the source of the Yangtze, high in the Himalayas. It could be a long and difficult journey, but as a commoner, the second to lowest of the four classes, I am honored to be completing the journey. I will be leaving the Shu Kingdom and traveling into territory that has not yet been claimed by any of the kingdoms. Here, the way of life has been untouched by the constant war between the Shu, Wei, and Wu Kingdoms. I pack some simple clothing, water, dried meat, vegetables, and rice. I know if I run low on any of these supplies I will be able to hunt for food. The rice will last me a long time because it will not go bad. My resting place each night will be at a monastery or with nomads. I can expect some very exceptional experiences throughout this extraordinary journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment