Tuesday 24 March 2015

Stuck in Shanhai!


I am very annoyed right now. My transportation was somehow delayed, so I’m still stuck in Shanghai. But it all worked out for the better, because I got to meet the Shu Han general. His name is Liao Hua. I was on my way out of Shanghai, and he was lost I guess, so he asked me for directions. He seemed really embarrassed and desperate. His english was actually pretty good though. I helped him to where I was going. He said he would pay for the boat leading me out of Shanghai, but all the boats were out, so he promised me he would pay when the boats were back. It turns out he was going to get a job from Guan Yu, the guy who had a temple dedicated to him. I wonder what the rush is will all the people leaving Shanghai. Anyway, all the people in this area look very wealthy. Some are dressed in silk gowns, common in this era, and small hats and crowns too. Most are dressed in red, which is a symbol of good fortune and prosperity to the Chinese. I am so amazed by the many sights around me. If I leave, I would no doubt come back if I had the chance. Well, my boat is finally here, and I’m sick of waiting, so I’m going to get in. I will write again once I get to Nanjing. I can’t wait to see what awaits me in my journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment